The Family Wealth Alliance was founded in 2003. Since its inception, The Alliance has served family wealth firms and other organizations in the industry that, in turn, serve high net worth families. We cater primarily to the leadership teams of these businesses. Throughout the year, the Alliance engages with its member and partner firms by producing both thought leadership content and opportunities for peer-to-peer exchange through a variety of deliverables that include curated events, research and educational offerings.
Summary of this Key Position
We seek an emotionally mature self-starter to assist our team in organizing, prioritizing, and helping to execute firm business. This position is multi-faceted, requiring the individual to wear a variety of hats on any given day. It is expected that this individual will grow in the position over time to take on greater levels of responsibility. Key elements of the role can be summarized as follows:
Broad Involvement in and Support of the Business: The position will participate in a variety of event planning, marketing and business development initiatives. Examples include coordinating speaker and sponsor participation at events, managing the social media calendar to promote programming, assisting with the identification of new business leads.
Poise and Professionalism: Our Alliance Ambassador will be a key “face” to the outside world. The position is visible with members and office visitors and is often the first point of contact via verbal, in-person and written communication.
Opportunity for Advancement: We seek a motivated person who would invest their time and prove themselves to be a supportive team player while showing an interest in and taking advantage of the opportunity for career advancement. While it is expected that individual will remain in the role for at least a year, we offer a demonstrated track record of advancement opportunities to keep pace with and to support the firm’s growth mandate.
Reporting and Culture: This position directly reports to the Director Strategic Programs but will be expected to work across all business units to support and learn from the entire Alliance Team. This individual must be comfortable operating in a firm that values candor, accountability, and mutual support.
These are key areas of growth for our organization. In a boutique firm such as The Alliance, this person can have an immediate positive impact on the firm’s success.
Project Management: Oversee progress of critical deliverables led by various team members, reminding team members of deadlines, and answering clients' questions about certain projects or engagements. Assist where necessary to ensure successful project outcomes with the expectation that you will assume greater responsibility for portions of these projects as you learn the business.
Technology: Exhibit proficiency with various software packages including database management (knowledge of Silkstart a plus) and Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); be familiar with how to post and monitor social media sites.
Marketing and Marketing Support:
- Maintain current online library of marketing materials for business meetings, reviewing supplies to ensure messaging is consistent across all message mediums.
- Play active role in coordinating conference calls with industry executives for the purpose of coordinating panels at events and advancing sales outreach efforts. It is expected that your interaction with these executives would expand as you get to know them, and the topics discussed.
- Attend meetings and events to support on site execution, meet the members and ensure flawless execution.
- Maintain sales pipeline, book prospect meetings for purpose of selling products and services of organization.
- Maintain editorial calendar to ensure organization’s deliverables adhere to a consistent theme.
- Manage email and social media marketing responsibilities as outlined.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all team members
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Competencies & Job Qualifications
Minimum Education: Associate degree; Preferred Bachelor’s or higher.
Minimum Experience: 1 Year; 2 Years preferred
Technology: MUST be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook Exchange - Email and Calendar, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,), Electronic Server/File Management (the firm uses MS SharePoint), Internet Search and Usage, and knowledge of at least one contact database platform (the firm uses Silkstart)
Professional Poise: Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels - including very senior executives; creative self-starter, with the ability to cope in a highly entrepreneurial setting
Planning/Organizational Skill - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Schedules other's responsibilities. Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle and prioritize several projects
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and eloquently; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions. Professional poise which communicating via the telephone
Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Reads and interprets written information. Attention to accuracy and details
Dependability - Follows instructions; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Trustworthy, discreet, and ethical and respectful of the confidential aspects of the firm's business and clients
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason
Takes Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Seeks developmental growth; Solicits feedback regularly – a real Team Player with a great attitude!
Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb bringing items to our storage unit (less than 25 pounds).
Extensive telephone and computer usage at one’s workstation, in addition to frequently up and down movement to/from printer room and other parts of the office environment
Salary, Benefits & Amenities
We offer competitive compensation based upon education, experience and skills.
Given a full-time position, the company offers the following:
- Group Health & Dental Plan (including several choices)
- In 2020 the firm plans to have in place a 401(k)-retirement plan
- The firm pays for a membership in the on-premises health club, which has locker rooms and shower facilities.
- The firm is also a member of the on-premises Tavern Club on 333, which is a tenant-only lounge and bar that also offers private gatherings, receptions and catering.
The Alliance offers a generous holiday schedule throughout the year and prides itself in being a work-life balance, family-first culture.